Cluedo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not just a game anymore...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting caught reading a book

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OdettePeacock

OdettePeacock

Getting caught reading a book Empty
PostSubject: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:25 am

Odette walked to the end of the dark passage. She felt for the wall in front of her and found the switch. The bookcase of the empty library opened slightly, leaving room for a person to slip through the passage.

She peeked her head out to make sure there was no one around, before slipping out and shutting the bookcase.

She looked down at herself. "Shoot... forgot a robe..." She whispered, annoyed that she was only in her nightgown.

Please let no one find me... She prayed, before turning on a lamp so she could see.

"Hmmm... what to read?" She whispered, as she started scanning the books on the bookshelf.
Back to top Go down
AnyaViolet
Admin
AnyaViolet

PostSubject: Re: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:40 am

Anya was searching for Cale down the unknown hallways when she heard someone moving around in what she assumed was the library from the large and grand doors, stepping towards them, she whispered into the darkness.

"Cale?" Heaving them open, she stepped inside with her candle still clasped tightly in her hand and saw a figure in the corner of the room. It was not male though... she was definately female. "Who is there?" Anya tried to be intimidating, it was her typical 'Inspector' voice.
Back to top Go down
OdettePeacock

OdettePeacock

PostSubject: Re: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:56 am

Odette jumped and dropped the book she had found. She quickly turned on the lamp beside her stared wide eyed at Inspector Violet.

"Oh, um, Inspector, Violet... Hi..." She said, with a sheepish smile. "I just came for a book... I couldn't go back to sleep..." She said, picking up the book she dropped.
Back to top Go down
AnyaViolet
Admin
AnyaViolet

PostSubject: Re: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:32 am

Anya froze, it was Odette Peacock... Oh dear. She was so sure she was innocent, she did not want her to be subject to Cale's methods of finding out information if he found her here. Yet, as the Inspector, she should be the one informing him of such. Looking towards her with wide eyes, Anya barely noted that they were both only in their night-dresses.
"Ode-- Mrs Peacock..." Anya began, she really couldn't tell her off, she looked a little scared at been caught if she was honest, like a rabbit caught in the headlights of a car. "It's alright.." She sighed a little, trying to relieve some of the tension that had built up in her chest, she needed to calm Odette a little first though. "What book is it?" She smiled, genuinely intrigued about what sort of novel a woman who owned a large stately home would be inclined to read.
Back to top Go down
OdettePeacock

OdettePeacock

PostSubject: Re: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:51 am

"I, um..." Odette started, looking at her book as she whipped imaginary dirt off of it. "I know I'm not supposed to be out..." She said, looking back at the inspector, shyly.

"Oh, um, it's Jane Eyre." Odette said, smiling a little as she held up the book. "I read it when I was younger... I thought it would be interesting to read it again, seeing as I'm older and will probably understand it better now." She said, with a small laugh.
Back to top Go down
AnyaViolet
Admin
AnyaViolet

PostSubject: Re: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:07 am

Anya smiled at her, a genuine smile, "Jane Eyre is one of my absolute favourite novels, you should definately re-read it." She walked towards the blonde woman and placing her candle on the table nearby, she appreciated the stacks and stacks of books Odette had in her library. "Wow, you have a lot of books." She looked up at all the range of authors. "it is really quite spectacular." She looked back down and met Odette's gaze, her eyes were a really beautiful lilac blue, it was really quite breathtaking. Interupting her own thought pattern and turning away, she moved towards one of the shelves and bit her lip, she felt a little awkward now. How long had she been staring at Odett- Mrs Peacock for?
Back to top Go down
OdettePeacock

OdettePeacock

PostSubject: Re: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:27 am

Odette smiled back. "Thank you, Inspector. It was a favorite of my mother's as well." She said, happily.

She laughed a little. "I know, I haven't even read half of the books in here yet." She said, looking around the large library.

Odette looked back at Inspector Violet, and felt frozen by the sudden connection of their eyes. The candle light reflected off of Inspector Violet's blue eyes, making them pop.

Odette didn't realize she was holding her breath, until Inspector Violet looked away. She turned away as well, looking at the candle, feeling her face warm.

Back to top Go down
AnyaViolet
Admin
AnyaViolet

PostSubject: Re: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:45 am

There was a small awkward silence before Anya remembered what had panicked her before.. Cale.. if he found Odette out of her bedroom. "Ode-- Mrs Peacock," She turned back towards her, still blushing from the thought of their gaze moments before. "You should probably get back to your room.." She was genuinely worried for her safety, after seeing the blood on Cale's shirt... blood that wasn't his. It was almost as if she wanted to protect her, which she most likely did, if she was innocent, why should she suffer? "Inspector Cale.. He can be... well.. a little heavy-handed. Is there any way you can get back to your room without been caught?" She bit her lip, not knowing what the consequences would be if Cale found her.
Back to top Go down
OdettePeacock

OdettePeacock

PostSubject: Re: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:51 am

Odette looked up at her, in slight surprise. "Oh, um... Actually, yes... I got here through a secret passage..." She said, her voice going to a whisper.

"It leads straight from my room to here..." She whispered, even though it was only them two in the room. She walked over to a bookcase and pulled a book out. The book case opened just enough for someone to slip through.

"How, um, "heavy-handed" is Inspector Blue?" She asked, a little nervous.

She's never known a man to hit a woman before...
Back to top Go down
AnyaViolet
Admin
AnyaViolet

PostSubject: Re: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Anya gasped and had to refrain from clasping her hadn to her mouth in shock as she opened up the secret passage, this Grange clearly had many secrets. "Right," Anya whispered back. "Mind... If, I .. um.. Come with you? It's just, it might look a bit.. odd.. if Cale catches me walking out of your Library alone." Her voice sounded very slight, she didn't want to risk anyone hearing and it also disguised her nerves. "We probably should hurry and get inside," She gestured towards the gap. "Well.. he.. er.. I am not entirely sure..." She half bit her lip and half smiled a little. Lets just hope you don't find out, she added in her head.
Back to top Go down
OdettePeacock

OdettePeacock

PostSubject: Re: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Odette turned back to the inspector when she heard her gasp. She winced a little bit. "Sorry... There's also one in my room that leads to the kitchen..." She whispered, trailing off.

"Oh, sure. You may want to bring your candle, though; it's really dark in there. I'm used to it, because I've always used it at night to get a book when I didn't want to take the long way..." She said, turning to the passage.

That's reassuring... She thought, after Inspector Violet said she wasn't sure. Odette smiled at the inspector as she gestured her forward.
Back to top Go down
AnyaViolet
Admin
AnyaViolet

PostSubject: Re: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:46 pm

"It's alright, it was only an introductory questioning, we didn't expect you to tell us everything right away," Anya placed her hand on Odette's shoulders reassuringly, when she removed it, she felt almost a slight disapointed feeling... She shrugged it off, after all she was pretty positive that as the Inspector, she shouldn't be making friends with the suspects, but if Cale could torture them, surely Anya could befriend them. Besides, she was sure that Mrs Peacock was innocent anyhow. Anya nodded and smiled at her words, picking up the candle she followed Odette into the passage, the bookcase door closing behind them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting caught reading a book   Getting caught reading a book I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting caught reading a book
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cluedo :: Arlington Grange :: Library-
Jump to: